21 Reasons to Bet on Phoenix Real Estate
- The migration from the Snow Belt states to Metropolitan Phoenix has been unabated for 60 years.
- A similar extended migration is now occurring from the Northwestern states and Western Canada.
- The “Installed base” of all those migrants brings a steady stream of extended family members.
- Proposition 13 makes moving up difficult in California; many Golden State sellers buy in the Phoenix area.
- Californians in pursuit of other objectives-e.g., a familiar business climate-migrate to the Valley of the Sun.
- Baby Boomers will retire in droves to warmer climates-the Atlantic coast, the Gulf states and the Southwest.
- Among those locales, Phoenix is by far the least prone to natural disasters.
- Because of this, people from disaster-afflicted regions have formed a new stream of immigration.
- There is a steady migration of new residents from Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries south of the border.
- Phoenix is a destination of choice or the second- landing city for immigrants from all over the world.
- While higher oil prices will put a strain on our far flung suburbs, the greatest pain will be felt in Northern states where fuel oil or natural gas are used as heat sources; even people who don’t hate the winter will move to the Phoenix area to escape high heating bills.
- The Phoenix Metropolitan area is a dynamic jobs creation machine, adding tens of thousands of new jobs every year.
- People who have or hope to have children move here as soon as they can manage it.
- Compared to the areas from which many of our immigrants are drawn, our homes are still very affordable.
- We build thousands more new homes every year.
- The Greater Phoenix area has 60 years of sustained practice at managing extreme growth-this in contrast to thrashing cities like Las Vegas.
- Snowbirds, politely known as out winter visitors, eventually move here year round.
- Our first waves of massive migration occurred after WW II; mustered out soldiers who had been stationed here came back with their families; this pattern continues among people who are posted here temporally for various reasons.
- People who stay at our resorts often fall in love with the Valley of the Sun and return as soon as they are able.
- A significant number of active and retired professional athletes maintain homes here, in no small part because Phoenix/Scottsdale has….
- Year-around golf.
The following two tabs change content below.
Seasoned chief executive and entrepreneur with proven track record. Mr. Zar brings more than twenty years experience in operations, evaluation, investment and management of real estate assets. Sean is responsible for new asset origination, evaluation, analysis and due diligence as well as overall executive direction. Mr. Zar also gained insight into capital markets as the founder and president of CBA Capital, Inc., a Newport Beach, CA based investment bank and venture capital company. He also was the founder and CEO of American Income Securities, an investment company with more than $50 million in client assets. He also managed a technology venture capital fund where he was responsible for equity and debt investments in a wide variety of companies. Mr. Zar sold his interest in American Income Securities in 1999. Mr. Zar has been an active real estate investor in Arizona as well as Colorado and Southern California. Mr. Zar is focused on discovering undervalued properties.